- 2000 International Building Code
The board has five members and two alternates consisting of the following qualifications:
- One member shall be a registered design professional with architectural experience or a builder.
- One member shall be a registered design professional with structural engineering experience.
- One member shall be registered design professional with mechanical or plumbing engineering experience or a mechanical contractor.
- One member shall be a registered design professional with electrical engineering experience or an electrical contractor.
- One member shall be a design professional with fire protection engineering experience or a fire protection contractor.
There are two alternate members who shall possess the qualifications required for board membership and will serve for five years.
All members are appointed for a five-year term. Initially all terms are staggered.
Appealing a decision
- Any person has the right to appeal a decision of a code official to the Board of Appeals.
- The application for appeal shall be filed on a form obtained from the building official within 20 days after the notice was served.
- An application for appeal will be based on a claim that the true intent of this code or the rules legally adopted hereunder have been incorrectly interpreted, the provisions of this code do not fully apply, or an equivalent form of construction is to be used.