Note: Renewal application must be submitted prior to expiration date of license/registration. Please feel free to contact the Permit Center at 410-638-3122 with any questions.

Building Services Division

For more information, or a license application in one of the following areas, please call the Building Services Division at 410-638-3366.

Mobile Home Park License Application

For information, please call 410-638-3385.

Plumbing Services Division

For information, requirements, or a registration application in any of the following areas, please contact the Plumbing Services Division at 410-638-3215.

  • Apprentice
  • Journey septic
  • Journey utility
  • Journeyman plumber/gas fitter
  • Master gas fitter
  • Master limited plumbers certificate
  • Master plumber/gas fitter
  • Master propane gas fitter
  • Mechanical
  • On-Site Utility license
  • Septic certificate

Electrical Services Division

For information, requirements, or an application in any of the following areas, please contact the Electrical Services Division at 410-638-3363.

  • Limited electrician (specific to a specialty; e.g., signs, heating, etc.)
  • Limited journeyperson electrician
  • Master electrician
  • Restricted electrician (specific to maintenance)

Business licenses

Please contact the State of Maryland for Harford County licenses at 410-638-3489 or for information on requirements, fees and applications for the following business licenses.

  • Billiard or pool table
  • Chain store
  • Cigarette/special retailer cigarette
  • Console machine
  • Construction
  • Dry cleaning and laundry
  • Garage
  • Hunting/fishing/duck blind license-Dept. of Natural Resources (DNR) District Court (410-836-4550)
  • Junk dealer
  • Music box
  • Non-resident construction
  • Notary (not a license; application from Secretary of State/Commissioned at Circuit Court)
  • Other tobacco products
  • Peddlers
  • Pinball machine
  • Plumber and gas fitters
  • Promoters of outdoor music festival
  • Restaurant
  • Storage warehouse
  • Tobacconist
  • Traders (retail sales)
  • Vending machine license

Maryland Home Improvement License (MHIC)

Please contact the Maryland Department of Labor, License and Regulations, Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing at 410-230-6231 or visit the Maryland Department of Labor website for more information.

Home Builders Registration

Please contact the Consumer Protection Division of the Office of the Attorney General at 888-743-0023 or visit the Consumer Protection Division website for more information.