The district shops, which have geographic responsibilities, are staffed with an average of 17 employees who operate various trucks and road maintenance equipment to:
- Fill potholes
- Prepare roadway sections for resurfacing by wedging edges and leveling road surfaces
- Remove and sweep road debris
- Repair damaged road sections
- Replace or adjust storm drain covers
- Trim brush from roadsides
The districts coordinate specific tasks with our Special Operations section.
Harford County is divided into four districts: the first and second districts report to Superintendent Bill Griffith Jr., while the third and fourth districts report to Superintendent Glenn Dawson.