Quick road sign facts
- Roads with route numbers are owned and maintained by the Maryland State Highway Administration
- Odd numbered highways run north and south
- Even numbered highways run east and west
On the interstate system, any three-digit number beginning with an even number, like I-495 and I-695, will travel in a circle around a metropolitan area and return to the main thoroughfare.
- Yellow road lines are always on your left when driving; they are used to separate traffic
- Solid white edge lines mark the pavement to the right - "Keep White on Right"
- Construction and maintenance signs are orange and black
- Guide signs are green and white
- Informational signs are blue and white
- Regulatory signs are red and white or black and white
- Warning signs are yellow and black