Harford County Public Schools activity cancelation
If Harford County Public Schools cancels activities for inclement weather, all Parks and Recreation activities in and on school property are also canceled. This closing will be announced on local radio stations, or can be found at the Harford County Public Schools website.
Program cancellation procedure
If county government opens on time and Harford County public schools are closed, Parks and Recreation facilities will be closed to the public during normal school hours.
If county government opens on time and Harford County public schools are delayed in opening, Parks and Recreation facilities will open at 10 a.m. to the public.
If Harford County public schools are in session and weather becomes problematic in the afternoon or evening hours, cancelations will be made at the discretion of the director of Parks and Recreation.
Weekend cancelations will be made by the director of Parks and Recreation.
If county government is delayed or closed, all Parks and Recreation facilities will open at the time county government opens or will be closed for the day. Note: If schools are closed or delayed, Parks and Recreation facilities will open to the public based on school operation as outlined above.
Recreation office phone numbers
- Anita C. Leight Estuary Center: 410-612-1688
- Chenowith Activity Center: 410-638-3559
- Churchville Recreation Center-Glenville Building: 410-638-3853
- Churchville Recreation Center - Level Building: 410-638-4345
- Eden Mill Nature Center and Historic Mill Museum: 410-836-3050
- Edgewood Recreation and Community Center: 410-612-1606
- Emmorton Recreation and Tennis Center: 410-638-3988
- Forest Hill/Hickory Activities Center: 410-638-3616
- Havre de Grace Activity Center: 410-939-6724
- William N. McFaul Activities Center: 410-638-3528
- Norrisville Library and Recreation Center: 410-692-7820
- Recreation Division Office: 410-638-3572
- Swan Harbor Farm: 410-939-6767