Services for citizens with disabilities Harford Transit provides para-transit services for persons with disabilities and seniors in need of transportation in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Vehicles are wheelchair accessible. For more information or to set up a pre-arranged appointment for pick-up and return bus trips, contact the dispatcher at 410-612-1620 or 410-838-2562.
Statewide Special Transportation Assistance Program (SSTAP)
- Harford Transit takes appointments on a first-come, first-served basis. Service operates Monday through Friday, and some holidays.
- Appointments for transportation can be made by calling 410-612-1620 Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Rides can be scheduled up to 60 days in advance. We will do our best to accommodate each request, however, there may be times when it is necessary to adjust appointment times to receive transportation.
- Rides are available from 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Harford Transit offers rides within Harford County and into Cecil County (Perryville). Trips can be arranged to Senior Activity Centers, medical appointments, dialysis, therapy, shopping, recreation, etc. Due to the demand for this service, there may be a waiting list for availability in rides.
- Please plan to be ready one hour prior to your appointment time. If your ride has not arrived within 30 minutes prior to your appointment time, please call Harford Transit.
- When you have completed your appointment, you should call Harford Transit to confirm your pickup time for your return trip.
- Cancellation: Failure to notify Harford County to cancel a scheduled ride results in another deserving person who needs a ride not being able to get one. Continued failure to cancel appointments may affect your transportation privileges.
- Senior Activity Centers (One Way): $1.00 cash or 1 Harford Transit Voucher (purchased through Harford Transit)
- Medical/Personal Errands/Shopping, etc. (One Way): $2.00 cash or 2 Harford Transit Vouchers