Harford County Housing & Community Development offers several types of homeownership counseling.
- Pre-purchase and post-purchase homeownership counseling: Counselors help increase client awareness of the process of becoming a homeowner, and calculate the affordability of homeownership.
- Budget counseling: Counseling is available to assist clients in enhancing their financial management skills.
- Mortgage default and delinquency: Counseling is available to increase client awareness of programs available to prevent foreclosure (when possible). Counselors discuss with clients the foreclosure process, and are also available to work on a client's behalf with lenders (when necessary). Download and print the Foreclosure Counseling Intake Packet (PDF).
- Rental counseling and rent delinquency: Counselors help clients understand the rental process and rights of tenants.
- Reverse mortgage counseling (HECM): HUD Certified Housing Counselor is available to provide the required HUD HECM Counseling needed prior to the application.
For more information, please call 410-638-3045.