When and how do I get my restitution?
Restitution can be ordered for loss or damage to property or for medical or funeral expenses. In a criminal case, restitution cannot be ordered for lost wages, although wages may be recovered from a civil suit. Restitution can be ordered by the judge upon the conviction of the defendant. Depending on the amount of restitution and the ability of the defendant to make payments, restitution might be made in one payment at sentencing or be made payable through the Department of Parole and Probation and collected a little at a time for over many years. An order of restitution is filed as a civil judgment and can be executed by the victim as any other civil judgment.

Show All Answers

1. An item which was stolen from my home has been found in a pawn shop. How do I get it back?
2. How do I find information about legal matters relating to the Harford County Public School system?
3. What do I do if I have a service complaint or faulty materials?
4. How do I find information about criminal activity?
5. Are there any legal services available to senior citizens?
6. How do I get legal advice on a criminal matter?
7. I have questions about private legal issues, who do I contact?
8. I am not eligible for legal aid, I just want a recommendation for a specialized attorney, who do I call?
9. Who do I call if I have a complaint about a licensed contractor?
10. Does the Sheriff's Office have records on pawn transactions in the county?
11. Does the Sheriff's Office hold auctions for unclaimed items?
12. How do I find information about county codes?
13. Where can I find financial disclosures?
14. How can I drop the charges?
15. How can I find out my court date?
16. How do I contact the Property Management Unit directly?
17. How do I know which Division is handling my case?
18. How do I protect myself from the defendant?
19. How do I obtain public information from the liquor control board?
20. If I do not agree with the outcome of a case, in which I was the victim, what can I do about it?
21. Is it important that I record the serial numbers of my personal belongings?
22. How do I find information about pending court cases in the Circuit Court and District Court?
23. What can I do about Enforcement/Administration of Justice problems/issues?
24. What information do I need when calling or visiting the State's Attorney's Office?
25. What will happen if I do not show up for court as a witness?
26. When and how do I get my restitution?
27. When my property is seized, how do I get it back?
28. Where can a person call for legal assistance in a domestic situation?
29. Who can I contact with a consumer protection question?