Where can I get information or assistance if I am concerned about a zoning case?
You can get information about a zoning case by calling the Zoning Hearing Assistant, Dottie Smith, at 410-638-3349 or e-mail your inquiry to dsmith@harfordcountycouncil.com.
Although the People's Counsel does not represent individual citizens in zoning cases, in some situations the People's Counsel can be a source of information and advice concerning zoning cases. The People's Counsel is an attorney who is paid by the County Council to represent the interest of the public at large in zoning matters, and often appears in opposition to applications' requests in zoning cases. Brian Young serves as People's Counsel. He may be reached at brianyoung@harfordlaw.com or 443-987-6250. People's Counsel Citizen's Advisory Board

Show All Answers

1. Where can I call to get involved in women's issues/legislation?
2. How can I contact my representative to the Harford County Council?
3. When and where does the County Council meet?
4. How can I get on the agenda to address the Council about a particular subject?
5. How can I find out ahead of time what will be on the Council's agenda for a particular meeting?
6. Are there any other ways I can participate in the legislative process, such as advisory boards or commissions?
7. What does the Budget Advisory Board do?
8. What does the HarfordTV Advisory Board do?
9. What does the People's Counsel Citizen's Advisory Board do?
10. Where can I get information or assistance if I am concerned about a zoning case?
11. Why can't I discuss zoning cases with my Council representative?
12. Do I have a legal right to receive cable television service?
13. Who do I contact with question regarding the cable franchise agreement?
14. When a cable company installs a cable line in an easement that is on my property, is the company obligated to restore my property to the condition it was in prior to the installation?
15. Does the County Council regulate the prices charged by the cable companies for cable service?
16. Are answers to questions related to the cable franchise agreement these answers the same if I live in Aberdeen, Bel Air or Havre de Grace, or at Aberdeen Proving Ground?
17. Does Harford County have a noise ordinance?
18. Does the County have a law regarding the height of grass?
19. Does the County have a law that requires property owners to remove the snow on the sidewalks in front of their homes?
20. Is there any law regarding tree limbs or leaves that extend from one property over to another property?
21. Is there any law that governs the operations of Homeowners' Associations?
22. What is the County Transfer Tax and are there any exemption?