How do I obtain information on specific chemicals?

Through the Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC), a citizen can request a copy of a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for specific chemicals on-site at the facility. A MSDS will provide you with specific information on the chemical to include its hazards, safety precautions, medical treatment for exposure and characteristics.

You may contact the LEPC at 410-638-4900 or email your request through a form provided on our website. The office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information, please visit our

Right to Know page.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Local Emergency Planning Committee?
2. Why was the LEPC formed?
3. Who serves on the LEPC?
4. What is required in a plan?
5. How do you know what to plan for?
6. How can I find out what hazards are in my community?
7. How do I obtain information on specific chemicals?
8. How do you plan for emergencies involving the transportation of chemicals?
9. How can I get help with all of my compliance requirements?
10. If there is an accident, how do I report it?
11. What should my facility plan include?
12. When is a written report required?
13. When does the LEPC meet?