Members include a member of the county council or their designee, who is an ex-officio, a non-voting member and the county executive, or his designee, who is also an ex-officio, non-voting member.
The county executive shall appoint and the council shall confirm one representative:
- From a disease prevention advocacy group
- From a local active recreation club
- From the local athletic or sports industry
- From the local food and beverage industry
- From the local food producers
- Nominated by the Harford County Board of Education
- Nominated by the Healthy Harford Board of Directors
- Nominated by the local hospital’s board of directors
- Article XVIC, Harford County Code, as amended
In a brief
The board advances the welfare of the Harford County community by promoting healthy lifestyles, including but not limited to access to healthy foods, school wellness, active living, education and expanded recreational activities.
The board shall make recommendations for policy change with the purpose of advancing health, to provide input to the development advisory committee on any development plans they review, to provide input into the county's annual budget, to collaborate with other government and non-government agencies; to be an advocate for healthy living and to provide a report to the county executive and county council of its activities by December 1 of each year.