Show the Love for Harford County’s History
This Valentine’s Day, Harford County is participating in Heart Bombing, a national social media movement, started by the National Trust for Historic Preservation, to show our love for Harford’s historic places. Heart Bombs are love letters to historic places that appear at historic sites nationwide, on local landmarks, and around places both safe and threatened.
Please consider joining in the fun to raise awareness about the importance of historic places in your community. The time to start is now. Here’s how:
1. Gather a group (or just yourself) of people who are passionate about Harford County’s heritage (historic places, cultural landscapes, historic buildings, historic communities, etc.)
2. Make valentines using your own materials OR you can simply print out our “Spread the Love for Harford County’s Historic Places” banner.
3. Take your Valentines and either affix them to the place, or stand in front of it holding your declaration of love for Harford County’s rich heritage. Make sure that you print out “Spread the love Harford County’s Historic Places” banner to include in your photo.
4. Take pictures. Lots of them. Especially of your smiling faces in front of the site, building, or place that you have showered with love.
5. Post the photo on your own social media pages with the hashtag #HarfordLovesHistory and tag us @HarfordCountyMD. (for the national campaign: #iHeartSavingPlaces)
6. Send us your photo, and we will have it posted on the Harford County Government and Visit Harford social media pages, starting now and through Valentine’s Day. Be sure to include your name and/or organization, the location of your photo, and a brief explanation of why you love it. Where possible, send us your website and we will include it in the post to encourage folks to visit or learn more. Send everything to: email@example.com.
For more information about the national program, please visit “How to host a Successful Heart Bombing event”
Thank you in advance for helping Harford County show the love to our historic places!