This board consists of twenty-eight members appointed by the County Executive and confirmed by the County Council. Members of the board will represent the county's population with respect to race, gender, geography, and political affiliation. Members are selected because of their known experience and interest in the economic development of Harford County.
Board members will represent each of the following industries:
1. Six members from retail/service
2. Seven members from applied technology (manufacturing, international trade)
3. Five members from land use (agriculture, residential development, business development)
4. Five members from public services (superintendent of Harford County Schools, the president of Harford Community College, the director of Harford County Library, utilities, training, transportation)
5. Five members from business & workforce development (Small Business Development Center, Susquehanna Region Private Industry Council, Chamber of Commerce, Association of the United States Army)
The members of the board will serve at the pleasure of the County Executive. The County Executive will annually select a chair and vice-chair.
The Economic Development Advisory Board's duties are as follows:
1. Review the budget of the Office of Economic Development
2. Develop goals and objectives for the board that support and complement the county's overall goals and objectives for economic development
3. Support and encourage the location of new industrial enterprises in the county and the expansion of present enterprises
4. Support and encourage the development of recreational areas and tourist business in the county
5. Review legislation and policy decisions in order to identify the impact they have on economic development in Harford County
6. Participate in an annual review of a strategic plan for economic development in conjunction with the Office of Economic Development and Departments of Planning & Zoning, Public Works, and Parks & Recreation
7. Maintain a permanent liaison with Aberdeen Proving Ground with the objective of providing economic opportunities relating to APG activities